Burned Pot Creates Smoky Hazard

Smoky conditions activated the second floor fire alarm at the Our Mother of Good Council senior apartments at 4288 Lake Avenue.

Newton Abbott assistant chief Locher arrived on scene and determined the source of the smoke to be an unattended pot on the stove in one of the apartments. Crews from Woodlawn and Newton Abbott ventilated the apartment, and second floor, with electrical fans.

There were no injuries or medical complaints resulting from the smoke, and no property damage.

%d bloggers like this: