Over 75 Years of Service
The Newton-Abbott Volunteer Fire Company, Inc, was chartered in 1934 when it became apparent that the growing community along the Hamburg/Orchard Park town border had a need for expanded fire protection. Some members of the Windom Fire Company of Orchard Park formed a new organization, charged with service to the northeast corner of the Town of Hamburg, and named it for the two town supervisors of the day. The first president was John Sullivan, and first fire chief was Milford Struck. The fledlging fire company's station was established in the valley of Smoke's Creek along old Abbott Road, which has since been reconstructed.